"...Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations" Doctrine and Covenants 115:5

Friday, March 20, 2015

Everyone! Sawadii khaa!

You all are my favorite people, I just want you to know that to start. Also I'd like to announce that this computer is entirely in Spanish so I am very proud of myself for finding my way to this point. *Pat on the back.*

This week was so weird. It was great! But super weird. I'll start at the beginning. I can read in Thai! It takes me like 2 hours to read a verse from the Book of Mormon... but I can do it. Holla. These 5 weeks have finally started to pay off (just kidding, it's paid off since the beginning of course.) I'm collecting scriptures to learn in Thai, feel free to add to the list! 

On Tuesday, Elder Quentin L Cook came to speak to us at the fireside. It was so good! I love being in the same room as an apostle. Anyway, he spoke to us about how our calls are NOT random, but that each and every missionary is called of God to their assigned mission, through a prophet. It was amazing. That night we have a mini devotional with all the sisters in our zone with Sister Weaver (my favorite branch presidency wife, don't tell the others,) and we all just bore testimony of the Savior. Can you just imagine the spirit that was in that room!? It was such an inspiring and amazing moment, I love the sisters in my zone. Also, yesterday we heard from a recent convert in our devotional. And by recent, I mean like 3 weeks ago recent. She only speaks Korean, and she was coming here to the MTC as a volunteer in the TRC (where we teach in our language every Saturday) and that's how she met the missionaries! So missionaries HERE at the MTC learning Korean got to teach her and attend her baptism! I was a wee bit jealous, but I repented of my envy. It just made me SO ready to go to Thailand! I just want to get out there at preach it, baby! But I am also grateful to be here still. I'm still learning so darn much it's crazy.
 
This week was probably one of the hardest at the MTC. Humbling, challenging, and just plain hard. But I have learned so much! That is what is amazing about life; everything is a challenge but you come out stronger because of it. I have studied so much about faith this week, and my favorite chapters about faith are Hebrews 11, Ether 12, and 1 Nephi 17. Literally everything in the world is possible if we have God on our side- if we pray in faith. And sometimes it isn't what we want to happen- that's the funny thing about faith: Everything is possible, but we have to be willing to accept that through our faith, God's Will will be done, and not necessarily our own. 

I love my calling. I love it. As a missionary, every day is like Christmas. We get to share joy, God's love, and the greatest and most priceless gift in the world! I love it. This is the true church of Jesus Christ on the earth. Through Him, we can accomplish all things, we can overcome all things, we can be perfected in all things. He is the Savior of the world, the Redeemer of our souls. 

I love you all! Thank you for everything you continually do for me! Miss you all, have a great week!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment