"...Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations" Doctrine and Covenants 115:5

Thursday, March 26, 2015

This week was a good one, despite it's weirdness. On Tuesday we had a devotional that was so beyond wonderful, it was probably the best one we've ever had (Sorry Elder Cook...). I wish I could remember the name of the man who spoke... I think my memory is depleting since being here at the MTC. And also my vocabulary, so I don't even know if "depleting" is the correct word. I blame Thai. ANYWAY, he talked about 10 "steps" (I'll call them steps) to being the best missionary I can be. I won't talk about all ten, but I wish I could! What it all came down to was this: Remember who you are, and why you are here. I am here to a be a representative of Jesus Christ, and when I can get that into my noggin, I will have a much easier time loving others, sharing my testimony, and becoming a better missionary. I wish MTC devotionals were posted, because I would tell you all to go look it up. It was just so inspiring, and every second of it made me want to be better and do better. 
Also this week I became obsessed with the Mormon Message "Mountains to Climb." Every time I watch it, I sob. (Not even kidding, I prepare myself with a box of tissues every time.) It shows the lives of different people who have been given "mountains to climb," but how when each of them turns to the Lord, they are able to overcome their difficulty. Mountains are hard to climb (right, dad?!), but the view from the top is so worth it! So I've heard. Each and every one of us are given "mountains" to climb, and trials to overcome. But, as we read in 1 Corinthians 10:13, there will always be a way to escape. I love that scripture because, even though it is referring to temptation, it reminds me that there is always a way for me to overcome any trial that I have, no matter the magnitude of it, no matter the height of the mountain; I have a Savior who has already made it to the top of that mountain, and is always willing to throw down a rope for me to grab onto, so He can pull me up. There's no reason for anyone to ever give up trying to climb that mountain. It reminds me of Ether 6, how they are continually blown by harsh winds that destroy them, but they are always being blown towards the promised land because they turn to the Lord. That is the lesson I learned this week. 



This week I have learned so much! Everything here at the MTC is a learning experience, and even after being here for 6 weeks I feel like I haven't learned half of what can be learned here. But every second of every day, I feel my Savior's love. I love this gospel more than anything in the world. I love that because of it and through it, we can have the most wonderful lives ever, and because of Jesus Christ we can become the people who we want to become. There is nothing in this world that is better than serving the Lord, and sharing the gospel with all of his children! Getting a tiny taste of the outside world when we went to Rite Aide made me sooooo proud to be wearing Christ's name over my heart, and made me realize how important it is that I represent Him as best I can. 
Sister Olsen and I are meeting with a real investigator (as in not our teacher, and possibly not a member of the church- we are never sure, but we are about 75% confident he's not a member) here on campus tonight. We are nervous, but we can't wait. We are also skyping with people in Thailand tonight, and sharing a message with them. In Thai. Gloy Gloy. (Thai word for bananas bananas... equivalent to "piece of cake." Please commence using this word.) I love being a missionary, and I love sharing this gospel that I hold so dear to my heart. I love you all so much, and I appreciate all the support, as always! 

I hope you all have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment