"...Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations" Doctrine and Covenants 115:5

Monday, February 23, 2015

This is Sister Anderson's second email of the day...the better email!

Okay, so I went back and re-read my e-mail that I just sent, and I'm actually embarrassed haha That was so bad. I didn't even write what I learned! SO I have begged for 5 more minutes (not really) so that I can redeem myself.

I told dad this, but I want everyone to look up the Bible video "take up thy bed and walk." It was such a great reminder of putting the past behind you and walking forward in faith in Christ. It is amazing. 

Also for devotional yesterday, we had a speaker who made the devo into a giant zone conference, and used my branch as the guinea pigs. Random sisters and Elders were called up on stage and put on the spot to answer these doctrinal questions, and it was super intimidating. 

We went to the Temple yesterday to walk around, and this morning again. I love this temple, even though it looks like a space ship.

I have memorized my missionary purpose and the invitation to be baptized, in Thai, and I'm pretty proud of myself for how Asian I sound. We are working on tones for sure. 

I have become obsessed with Mark 10: 29-30, because it reminds me of how when I sacrifice things for the Lord, I am blessed tenfold more. Amazing.

My testimony increases every day that I am here. I know that my Heavenly Father is watching over me here, and I love my Savior more and more every day, as I understand more and more what He did for me, and how He suffered for me. This place truly is amazing with the spirit that we feel each day. Even though we goof off a lot, we are truly learning and growing so much, especially me, as a I learn what I need to improve and change to become better, as a missionary and as a disciple of Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment