"...Arise and shine forth, that thy light may be a standard for the nations" Doctrine and Covenants 115:5

Monday, May 4, 2015

HUMBLED TO THE KNEE....

Literally....

The story goes something like this: I was biking to a Wat (that's the problem, right? I was being punished...) and I decided that I would be cool and skid on my bike, and instead of being cool, I was super uncool and flew like clear over my bike and landed straight on my knee and it looked like a unicorn horn. fact. I could not stop laughing though, I was in so much pain I couldn't even come to grips with it, so I just laughed away all the pain...... and was taken to a hospital. Apparently, the two bones in my legs (the big one and the littler one? I'm not a doctor?...) Got smashed together somehow, making the fluid between them under the kneecap get pushed forward into the front of my knee, and my kneecap was super out of place. My knee was legitimately smashed. Hahahah so yeah, my life isn't real, and I have to stay off my leg foreverrrrrr basically and it's such a hassle because I just want to WORK and I can't because I'm stuck inside on pain meds. Thankfully no surgery is necessary.  But I am going to Bangkok on Wednesday to see a doctor. Again. Lol I can't even handle life right now. but look at that smile. ;) (I think I'll leave out the part about the pinched nerve that left me paralyzed all morning on Saturday? Sounds like a good plan. Don't worry mom, I'm fine I swear.)

On a happier note, Sister Burbank and I have been working our butts off (when we can get members to give us rides...) and we have seen miracles! The goal for the Thailand Bangkok mission is 4 baptisms  per companionship in the month of May. That will be about 340 baptisms in May. So far Sis B and I have 8 scheduled for this month and that is all because of ALMA 26:12!!!! We are weak, but God is strong, and will perform miracles when we exert enough faith! We have had nothing but faith to rely on this week, so we have become such firm believers in miracles! However, we also know that faith without works is dead, so even though we have built our faith up tremendously, we also work crazy hard every single day. Millions of phone calls, millions of people invited, millions of lessons... all of our daters have some sort of problem that they are dealing with, so they have missed their previous dates and baptisms (heart breaking, really), and we are trying to figure out how to help them with the Lords help. All things are possible through Him, even when you have a smashed knee. I know it. Miracles are happening here in Thailand, and Satan is fighting them. But he will not win, because 1. Thailand missionaries are strong, 2. Thai people are strong, and 3. God is STRONGEST. If we have faith in Him and ACT in that faith, MIRACLES WILL HAPPEN. I can not emphasize that enough, I swear. 

This week was a tough one, I'm not going to lie. It was long, it was hard, it was dreary and dragged on forever. There was so much work to be done, and yet I can't speak the language in, and I can't get anywhere in order to do it. but if it wasn't hard, we wouldn't learn, we wouldn't grow, we wouldn't build our faith, and we wouldn't see as many miracles as we have seen. So I'm grateful for the trials and adversity. Because that is how I will grow. (That sounds like such a missionary sentence. Yep, living the life!)
 
Okay, I love you all! Thank you for the prayers and the support, I honestly feel all the love every single day. You all rock, have a great week!

Sister Anderson
 

 
 
I volunteered to go into the arena, and this happened

There's a cast and knee pain under those capris, don't let them fool you. ​But look how cute the elephant is! Ours did not have a fancy basket thing to ride in, we rode them bareback like bosses.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment